Open Trips Spring 2023 – Camp 4 in partnership with EIMOC – Outdoors is Medicine®
Choose Your Adventure
- January 15th – 2pm Wanderers 5k Trail Race 2pm
- January 27th – 2-3pm FGH for Dogs
- January 29hth- 9-1pm Hike
- February 4th– 9am – MC Woods Work
- February 12th-1-5pm Rock Climbing
- February 18th-8am-2pm Hike
- February 26th– 10-11:30am – Little Wild places
- March 3- 10-2pm – Outdoors is Medicine Rally/ Wellness Fair
- March 3-4- National Day of Unplugging (time tbd)
- March 4th– 8-4pm – Hike
- March 5- 10-11:30am – Little Wild Places
- March 25th-10-12pm – Walk and Yoga
- March 26th– 10-11:30am – Forest Bathing
- March 26th – 1-5pm – Rock Climbing
- April 1st – 10-12pm – Walk and Yoga
- April 2nd – 1-5pm – Paddle Trip
- April 9th– 10-11:30am – Forest Bathing
- April 15th– 8am-2pm – Hike
- April 16th– 1-6pm – Paddle Trip
- April 22nd – Walk to the Farmers Market
- April 23rd– Whitewater Rafting on the Ocoee (time tbd)
- April 27th– 2-4pm – Study day Paddle Trip
Spring 2023 at Camp 4
The particulars –
Tower open 3:30-6:30
Ugly Veggie Stand – 3:30-6:30
Strengthen and Stretch on the Deck – 4:00-5:00
Yoga – 5:30-6:30
Other activities as announced. Stay tuned!
Remote Mountain Challenge
Here’s the plan:
- You choose an event that you can do right where you are.
- Then you get the event approved by Tyson ([email protected]) or Bruce ([email protected]) before you go.
- You verify completion is some agreed upon method: pictures, another person, etc.
That’s it – pretty simple.
Outdoors is Medicine® Celebration
Over the past 1 ½ years we’ve been working on a trademark for our Outdoors is Medicine ® program. In late July we learned from the US Patent and Trademark Office that we successfully did it! Woo Hoo!
Come help us celebrate! Since we can’t gather for coffee and cake, help us celebrate with…….recess!
Recess – a period of time when the proceedings of the day are temporarily suspended.
Let’s do this everyday – and with everyone.
Based on some of the outdoor prescription from Outdoors is Medicine® this means do recess outdoors – the more “out” you get the better. Do it for 20-30 minutes every day. Do what you want – walk, eno, swing, run, whatever. Have recess alone or with friends (complying with COVID policies). And go out for recess in the rain, when it’s cold, when it’s hot. And of course leave the screens turned off.
Like Mountain Challenge on Facebook and follow us on Instagram @mtnchallenge180 to stay up to date!
DON’T FORGET: FOR EVERY 20 HOURS OF MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE OPEN TRIPS OR CAMP 4s, YOU EARN ONE PHR CLASS CREDIT HOUR!