MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE RATING SYSTEM
Green Circle — Easier
The actual outdoor trip may be shorter or less intense and will likely involve “combination” activities. For example, we may do yoga before or after a flatwater canoe trip. We might stretch before or after a hike.
Blue Square — Moderate
These are traditional open trips. These trips typically last 4-6 hours. They will continue to represent the bulk of our events.
Black Diamond — Harder
The outdoor trip component may be longer (6-8 hours) or it may involve more intense physical activity. Examples may be climbing Mt. LeConte or one of our fitness events.
It is possible for any of our events to be adapted to fit any of these categories. For example, the Camp 4 Climbing Cave would typically be considered a moderate activity. But, if students utilized one of our climbing cave workouts, it could be considered a harder activity.
WEEKEND TRIPS (remember to sign up at Crawford house the week prior to the event you plan on attending).
- Sun January 19th 2:00pm 4mile trail run/walk in college woods — Free
- Sat Feb 1st 10:00am Caving — Moderate
- Sun Feb 9th 1:00pm Hike — Moderate
- Sat Feb 22nd 10:00am Alpine Tower; Caving — Moderate
- Sat March 1st 9:00am Yoga — Easier; College Woods Hike — Easier (lunch provided)
- Sun March 2nd 1:00pm Rock Climbing – Moderate
- Sat March 8th 9:00am Yoga — Easier; Alpine Tower; Rock Climbing — Moderate
- Sat March 29th 8:00am Mt. Leconte Hike (all day, lunch provided) — Harder
- Sun April 6th 1:00pm Canoe and Kayaking — Moderate
- Sat April 12th TBD Whitewater Rafting — Harder
- Sat April 26th 8:00am Team Fitness Event – Easier to Harder; White Oak Sinks Hike — Harder
- Sun April 27th 1:00pm Water Play day (canoes, kayaks, and SUPs) — Easier
- Sat May 3rd 9:00am Alpine Tower — Moderate
Our Climbing Cave is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm. Come boulder, traverse, or try our workout of the week — Easier to Harder
DON’T FORGET: FOR EVERY FIVE MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE OPEN TRIPS, YOU EARN ONE PHR CLASS CREDIT HOUR!