MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE RATING SYSTEM
The actual outdoor trip may be shorter or less intense and will likely involve “combination” activities. For example, we may do yoga before or after a flatwater canoe trip. We might stretch before or after a hike.
These are traditional open trips. These trips typically last 4-6 hours. They will continue to represent the bulk of our events.
♦♦♦ – Harder
The outdoor trip component may be longer (6-8 hours) or it may involve more intense physical activity. Examples may be climbing Mt. LeConte or one of our fitness events.
It is possible for any of our events to be adapted to fit any of these categories. For example, the Camp 4 Climbing Cave would typically be considered a moderate activity. But, if students utilized one of our climbing cave workouts, it could be considered a harder activity.
WEEKEND TRIPS (remember to sign up at Crawford house the week prior to the event you plan on attending)
- ♦ Oct 4th – Homecoming Tower 10:00 am-12:30 am
- ♦ Oct 18th – Yoga 9:00 am
- ♦♦ Oct 18th - Open Rock Climbing 9:00 am
- ♦♦ Oct 25th – Open Cave 9:00 am
- ♦♦ Oct 25th – Open Tower 9:00 am
- ♦ Nov 1st – Family Weekend Open Tower 9:30 am
- ♦ Nov 1st – Open Yoga 9:30 am
- ♦♦♦ Nov 8th – Open Hike 9:00 am
- ♦♦♦ Nov 16th – Open Rock Climbing 9:00 am
- ♦♦ Nov 22nd – Open Alpine Tower 9:00 am
- ♦♦ Nov 22nd - Open Cave 9:00 am
Our Climbing Cave is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm. Come boulder, traverse, or try our workout of the week — Easier to Harder
DON’T FORGET: FOR EVERY FIVE MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE OPEN TRIPS, YOU EARN ONE PHR CLASS CREDIT HOUR!