MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE RATING SYSTEM
The actual outdoor trip may be shorter or less intense and will likely involve “combination” activities. For example, we may do yoga before or after a flatwater canoe trip. We might stretch before or after a hike.
These are traditional open trips. These trips typically last 4-6 hours. They will continue to represent the bulk of our events.
♦♦♦ – Harder
The outdoor trip component may be longer (6-8 hours) or it may involve more intense physical activity. Examples may be climbing Mt. LeConte or one of our fitness events.
It is possible for any of our events to be adapted to fit any of these categories. For example, the Camp 4 Climbing Cave would typically be considered a moderate activity. But, if students utilized one of our climbing cave workouts, it could be considered a harder activity.
WEEKEND TRIPS (remember to sign up at Crawford house the week prior to the event you plan on attending)
- Sat March 28th Open All Day Hike (8am-4pm)
- Sun March 29th Open Rock Climbing (1pm-4pm)
- Sat April 11th Open Alpine Tower (9am-12)
- Sun April 12th Open Rock Climbing (1pm-4pm)
- Sat April 18th Open kayak and canoe (9am-1pm)
- Sat April 18th Open Hike (9am-1pm)
- Sat April 25th Open Whitewater Rafting (time tbd)
- Sat April 25th Open Tower (9am-12)
- Sun April 26th Open Water Playday (1pm-5pm)
- Sat May 6th Open Yoga(9am-10am)
- Sat May 6th Open Tower (9am-12)
Our Climbing Cave is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm. Come boulder, traverse, or try our workout of the week — Easier to Harder
DON’T FORGET: FOR EVERY FIVE MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE OPEN TRIPS, YOU EARN ONE PHR CLASS CREDIT HOUR!